European Social Fund
Bedfordshire's EYDCP has received additional funding from the European Social Fund (ESP) to support indiviuals in gaining access to and in removing barriers to childcare training. (This funding is also available in other areas, contact you local EYDCP for details.)
The funding can be used to:
- find out about a career in childcare through attending an introductory course.
- for undertaking approved introductory training such as 'Introduction to Childminding Practice'
- for level 2 or 3 qualifications (priority given to those within QCA framework)
- for level four qualifications such as NVQ 4 in Early Years Care and Education
- for short professional development courses, enabling existing practitioners to improve there skills. For example health and safety, first aid, child development, child protection, learning through play or equal opportunities training.
ESF can cover the costs of:
- fees for qualifications, registration or certification
- course materials, such as books, stationary
- support for individuals with English as a second language, if this is necessary for the individual to participate.
- travel costs
- fees for childcare cost
Availability of this funding can vary and individuals have to pay the first £25 of the application when funding is available.
Contact Sharon Mas for information in Bedfordshire :
Training and Development Officer
For other counties contact your local Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership