News and Articles
If you have something to say on any aspect of childminding and childcare please write an article for our site. You could write about your personal experiences, or something that you have learned that might be of help to others. Please submit your articles to Tunja Stone at email@example.com.
- Why do Childminders start Childminding?
- Childmindings Pro's and Con's
- Why on Earth Would YOU want to be a Childminder?
- What do children like about being childminded?
Equal Opportunities: Multiculturalism and Special Needs
- Visit our equal opportunities page
Training and Qualifications
- HNC Early Childhood Studies by Rosanne
- NVQ Childcare and Education by Rosanne
- Introducing Childminding Practice by Serene Young
- Dealing with an Angry Child
- Early Learning Goals
- Reading Aloud to Children
- The Importance of Play In A Child's Development by Michael Tombs
Health and Safety
- First Aid - Meeting the Welfare Standards
- What to put in your First Aid Kit
- Exclusion Periods for Communicable Diseases
- Child Protection Procedure
- Food Safety Week
- Using Containers and Cleaning to Prevent Germs
Running your Childminding Business
- Illegal Childcarers
- Portfolio Contents - including policy list
- Start up grants
- Car Seat Safety
- Advertising your Childminding Services
- How to be the 'Best Thing Since Sliced Bread'
- Interviewing with Parents
- Parent - Provider Contracts and Policies
- Childminding Fees
- What to do when Parents don't Pay
- When Parents are Late
- Understanding Parents